Foundations of Privacy and Data Protection Online Training provides a base understanding of privacy principles and operations to organizations and individuals. The course covers key privacy and data protection concepts, the Fair Information Practices, the data life cycle, major approaches to and overviews of privacy legislation around the world, and emerging issues in privacy.
The learning experience
Accessible online through your MyIAPP portal, seven interactive training modules present content from highly experienced faculty through video, audio, text and interactive annotated quizzes. With an estimated duration of 4.5 hours, you can start, stop and re-watch modules whenever it is convenient for you.
This course will enable you to:
- Define privacy, personal data and data protection roles.
- Identify the Fair Information Practice Principles (FIPPs) and the roles they play within data protection frameworks.
- Determine strategies for implementing privacy by design (PbD) throughout the data life cycle.
- Compare and contrast global privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
- Examine case studies that exemplify the legal value of privacy by design and benefits of thoroughly incorporating regulations.
- Use a consistent methodology for examining and reacting to emerging privacy and data protection issues.
Additional materials included
Made available digitally in your MyIAPP portal:
- Review questions to check your mastery of the subject matter.
- A printable certificate of attendance, available after you complete the training.