Aligned with the ANAB-accredited CIPP/US certification program, in-person U.S. Private-Sector Privacy Training provides an in-depth view of privacy laws and concepts relevant to U.S. organizations. The training curriculum includes an introduction to privacy, structure of U.S. law, the GDPR, California privacy laws, sector-specific privacy laws, and enforcement of U.S. privacy and security laws.
The learning experience
Accessible online through your MyIAPP portal, 14 interactive training modules present content from highly experienced faculty through video, audio, text and interactive annotated quizzes. With an estimated duration of 5.5 hours, you can start, stop and re-watch modules whenever it is convenient for you.
This course will enable you to:
- Describe key concepts related to the U.S. privacy environment.
- Explore the limits on private-sector data collection and use.
- Summarize the laws and practices guiding government and court access to private-sector information.
- Describe the environment governing workplace privacy.
- Identify major state privacy laws and common concepts in the marketing, financial, data security, and data breach notification domains.
Additional materials included
Made available digitally in your MyIAPP portal:
- Review questions to check your mastery of the subject matter.
- A printable certificate of attendance, available after you complete the training.