"California Privacy Law, Fifth Edition” provides practical guidance to help navigate the state’s strict policies, including how various laws apply, risks and more. California now leads the charge in developing privacy standards in the United States, making it imperative for anyone administering privacy policies to stay on top of the state’s ever-changing statutes, regulations and case law. This book is for businesses, attorneys, privacy officers and other professionals who need to understand privacy regulation in California.
- Rationale, scope, compliance duties, and sanctions.
- How laws apply to companies in other states and countries.
- Risks and remedies under California and U.S. federal privacy law.
- Drafting tips for specific legal requirements.
- Checklists and risk mitigation suggestions.
- How to start and maintain a compliance program.
- A roadmap for compliance with the CCPA, effective January 1, 2023.
- Updates on pandemic-related exceptions and clarifications.
- Major federal and California cases, regulatory actions, and settlements as of November 2022.
Publish date: 2023
Printed page count: 710