Peter P. Swire, CIPP/US, DeBrae Kennedy-Mayo, CIPP/US
Official textbook for the CIPP/US® program.
For privacy practitioners seeking guidance on the evolving U.S. privacy landscape, “U.S. Private-Sector Privacy, Third Edition” is the principal text for the IAPP’s Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) program. The book explores U.S. privacy laws, regulations, and key influencing technological and societal developments. It also covers privacy practice essentials in the medical, financial, educational, telecommunications and marketing sectors, as well as enforcement, online activities, data breach and incident management, and privacy issues in investigations and litigation.
- Limits on private-sector collection and data use.
- Common principles and approaches to information privacy and data protection.
- Critical components of the CCPA.
- Key elements of the EU’s GDPR.
- Federal and state best practices for emerging technologies and privacy expectations.
Publish date: 2020
Printed page count: 496