Aligned with the CIPP/C certification program, Canadian privacy training teaches privacy professionals to understand the interplay between different tiers of Canadian privacy laws and regulations. The training helps organizations avoid regulatory penalties and damage to their reputations while earning the trust of customers and other stakeholders. The training curriculum explores a variety of topics such as PIPEDA, PIPA (Alberta and British Colombia), The Quebec Act, and CASL.
The learning experience
Accessible online through your MyIAPP portal, nine interactive training modules present content from highly experienced faculty through video, audio, text, and interactive annotated quizzes. With an estimated duration of nine hours, you can start, stop and re-watch modules whenever it is convenient for you.
This course will enable you to:
- Describe key Canadian privacy concepts.
- Summarize Canadian privacy laws and practices in the private, public and health sectors.
- Identify international privacy law basics, including U.S. and EU laws that may influence Canadian privacy practices.
- Describe how data security practices function to protect privacy.
Additional materials included
Made available digitally in your MyIAPP portal:
- Review questions to check your mastery of the subject matter.
- A printable certificate of attendance, available after you complete the training.